1. O God, you are above all the gods of the earth. You are my hope and my future.
- Thou are the God of all wonders.
2. O Shepherd of my deliverance, who has lifted me up from a dark place, to Thy light forevermore.
- Thy staff points to the door of Thy pasture. You are my hope and my friend.
3. Shepherd of all goodness, mercy, and kindness. Thy ways are forever.
- You have opened my eyes. I delight in Thee.
4. You are higher than my thoughts, and You have come low to be my Saviour.
- Thou are my God and my Righteousness forever.
5. O God who has raised me up to sit with Jesus in the heavenlies.
- You have done for me above my understanding.
6. You who has chastised my ways so I may hear, and have given to me the riches of thy grace.
- You are a faithful friend above all others.
7. You have adopted me and recreated me into a son in Thy kingdom.
- My heart rejoices in Thee.
8. Shepherd of my soul, you have kept me from the pathways of death.
- You are my deliverer and ever my close companion.
9. I have attempted to keep all your words because
- You have moved my heart to trust in Thee.
10. O God, your words are cleansing light, right to the depth of my spirit and soul.
- Your voice has opened my heart’s door, and filled it with your light. It is life-giving.
11. Your words have kept me from my wandering ways.
- Saviour, you have redeemed me and put a wall of safety around me, Thy word.
12. Great Shepherd, you have brought me into Thy bosom forever more.
- I am lifted up in strength to follow Thee because of the joy of Thee.
13. You are the good Shepherd. Thy word is a rich pasture of life, grace and truth.
- My heart is fulfilled and rejoices from eating in the pasture of Thy word.
14. In all Thy ways, mercy and kindness are magnified.
- You are my expectation and my friend, and the door to rich and everlasting pasture.
15. O God, thy counsel is better than the counsel of ten thousand.
- You have given to me understanding above my intelligence.
16. You have shown me mercy when judgment was due.
- Thy grace has captured my heart, and shown me the pathway of life.
17. O God, in my ways, my offences are multiplied, but Thy compassion and longsuffering is greater.
- Savior, mold me to be like Thee.
18. In Thee Lord, I have joy and contentment in the actions and provisions of Thy love.
- O Shepherd of all grace, my thoughts are on Thee day and night.
19. Shepherd of all truth, my inner being finds great strength in mediations in Thy word.
- In it, You have given fullness of life.
20. Dark powers abound, which can find reception in me, but are turned away by Thy word.
- You are a Shepherd above all others, my protector and my shield.
21. Gracious Savior, Thou art my soul’s anchor and deliverer.
- You have given me righteousness from eating your word.
22. In thy word I have found the riches of Thy kingdom.
- Greatly I desire Thy word.
23. The color of Thy word is white and has given unto me illuminated light.
- The darkness in my soul has been turned into light by Thy voice.
24. O Shepherd, the taste of Thy heavenly manna is sweet to my soul, and has given life to my spirit.
- The eyes of my heart have been opened from eating in Thy pasture.
25. You have preserved me and increased my understanding in the time of trouble.
- Thy voice has given to me a lighted pathway in this place of darkness.
26. O Lord, all power of eternity is Yours.
- You raised me up unto Thee when you delivered me from billows of evil.
27. You have taken me out of the miry pit (this world), and sat me in a heavenly place by Your word.
- The pathway of Thy word has brought me into a life-giving fountain of life.
28. Thy precepts and line of life is love and truth to Thy sheep, even in their failures.
- Thou art a just God and Saviour.
29. Lord Jesus, You are the good Shepherd. You have freely given grace upon grace.
- You are my friend and shield, You are the Shepherd who gave your life so I could be Thine.
30. O Shepherd of Thy flock. Fellowship with Thee is God’s gift unto Me.
- Shepherd of my soul, Thou are a fountain of life and truth without end. Thy fulfilled promises have filled my heart with desire.
Foundational truths for all believers
Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep” (John 10:7).
The eternal pasture
“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture” (John 10:9).
The fountain of living water
“…Jesus stood and cried out saying, If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink” (John 7:37).
The Shepherd’s close fellowship with His sheep
“I am the good shepherd; I know My own, and My own know Me” (John 10:14).
The Shepherd gives eternal life
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand” John10:27-28).
Jesus the Door to the Father
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).
Jesus, the Shepherd gives His all For the sheep
“I am the good Shepherd. The good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep” (John 10:11).
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved (Acts 16:31), into the kingdom of Christ”(Colossians 1:13); unto God who rules over heaven and earth for eternity” (Isaiah 45:12).
“But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin” (1 John 1:7).
I hear the accuser roar
the ills that I have done.
I know them all and thousands more.
Jehovah findeth none.
Though the restless foe accuses
sins recounting like a flood.
Every charge our God refuses.
Christ has answered with His blood.
The Promise of the Great Shepherd to His Sheep
Jesus answered and said to him “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make our home with him” (John 14:23).
Jesus prayer to His Father
“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me” (John 17:24-25).
“God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesuss Christ our Lord” (1 Corinthians 1:9).
D. Neely 4-1-18